Quality Management System
We understand that the implementation of a cost-effective QMS that advances a culture committed to continuous improvement is critical to our success. Our commitment to value-added technical solutions and engineering service encompasses our professional engineers, designers, technicians, staff, and sub-contractors.
Orbital’s QMS focuses on continuous measurable improvement related to:
- Personnel Development and Commitment
- Organizational Accountability
- Engineering and Design Efficiency and Accuracy
- Applied Technical Creativity
- Value Added Solutions and Results
- Customer Satisfaction
We have developed a comprehensive QMS program that defines the standard requirements, procedures, and best practices over the Orbital Project Life Cycle: 1) Proposal Development, 2) Project Planning, 3) Project Execution and Control, and 4) Project Closeout and Documentation.
This information is documented in detail in Orbital’s QMS Manual, which addresses:
- QMS Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Management Process Flows
- Project Quality Requirements
- Project Quality Procedures
- Project Quality Guidelines
- Quality Control Forms
- Technical Services Standards
Our QMS is continually updated through form enhancements, process improvements, and requirement refinements to be the guiding resource for our employees. Quarterly audits are completed at each of our locations to ensure adherence to our QMS system. The results of the audits are reviewed with the project manager and applicable project team to identify areas of improvement and enhance understanding of the system. Annual Quality Management training is also delivered to highlight changes and resources available, as well as solidify expectations for compliance.